Subject: VAXstation 4000/90 ze0 aka eza0 netboots but can't ifconfig right
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Baby Peanut <baby_p_nut@yahoo.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/14/2003 08:11:47
I have a VAXstation 4000/90.  I can netboot it with ">>> boot eza0".  The
installation ramdisk kernel fails to ifconfig it so that it can install over
the net after it suceeds with newfs.  The VAXstation is set to use AUI via the
external switch.  The symptoms are that other systems on the network can ping
it but its can't ping them.

I cannot find a manual page for the ze driver.  Does it require any special
media options or such to ifconfig?

It does not accept "ifconfig ze0 media AUI" nor "ifconfig ze0 media 10base5"

Is there an "ifconfig ze0 link0" or an "ifconfig ze0 mediaopt foo" or something
like that?

Thanks,
BP