Subject: Re: where is xterm?
To: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
From: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/11/2003 11:24:44
On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, James K. Lowden wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 18:06:05 -0800 (PDT),
> Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org> wrote:

> > Apparently it's an oversight on the part of the NetBSD/vax 1.6 release
> > folks.  Ah well, I guess we'll get it built for 1.6.1.  I'll look into
> > compiling it from the source tree.
>
> I thought of that myself, but I wasn't sure my 32 MB RAM and 1 GB HD would
> suffice, or if it would finish in a week.

Ohhh, the /luxury/ of 32MB of RAM and a whole 1GB of disk--kids these
days with their skewed concepts of "small" systems!

I managed to kill the 400MB ST1480 system drive in my amply sized 16MB
MicroVAX 3100 build server last night.  Or rather, it finally died after
after being hammered on continuously for 60 days straight with package
builds.  In that time it completed 264 packages totalling about 170MB of
compressed package files.  In the end, it was the C++ compiler trying to
build the qt2-libs package that finally killed it, the poor thing.

Time to find a new drive.

-brian.