Subject: Re: NetBSD/VAX binary packages?
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/13/2002 17:04:00
Hi,

> > Looked at ftp://ftp.us.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/ ?
>
> A few are up presently, but not many.  I'm continuing to build more of
> them.  I believe someone else, with a faster machine than my little
> KA41-D, is also working on this.

I have a VAXStation 4000/60 with 104 megs, a 4 gig, and a 9 gig SCSI
drive. Had I not had so many file system corruption issues, the bulk
building would have begun in September (actually, it DID start in
September, but the kernel panicked many times because of the filesystem
problems...)

Now that the 9 gig has a 1/2 gig and two 4 gig slices, I'm populating the
sandbox and will be starting the bulk build shortly. I plan to upload
weekly, so the list of things on the NetBSD server will (slowly) grow.

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs