Subject: Re: qe0 problems - ring overrun or discarding oversize frame errors
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Carl Lowenstein <cdl@mpl.ucsd.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/11/2002 10:50:10
> Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 13:44:02 -0500
> From: John Wilson <wilson@dbit.com>
> To: port-vax@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: qe0 problems - ring overrun or discarding oversize frame errors
>
> From: Robertdkeys@aol.com
>
> >I notice that the mount plates on each are
> >labelled differently (either delqa or deqna).
> >Maybe there are enough differences that IFF
> >you sub a delqa on the deqna cabkit it causes
> >problems?
>
> I've *heard* (but don't know from experience) that the cab kits
> are somehow incompatible with each other, so you can't mix & match.
> Anyone know different, or if it's true, anyone know why?  Seems crazy
> to me...

As I remember, when I got the DELQA upgrade kits for my two
VaxStation IIs, there were no new cab kits. Or maybe there was a bit
of documentation saying that it didn't matter whether you used a new
or old one.  In any case, I didn't change out the cab kits and had
no apparent problems.

Well except that Ultrix 1.2 did not recognize a card that said "I
am a DELQA running in DEQNA compatibility mode", so I had to get a
newer Ultrix.

    carl
--
    carl lowenstein         marine physical lab     u.c. san diego
                                                 clowenst@ucsd.edu