Subject: Corruption on disk slices > 4 gigs
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/11/2002 00:56:30
Hi,

I posted something about disk corruption issues last month:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-vax/2002/11/22/0003.html

Now I've determined that this ONLY happens when I create disk slices which
are greater than 4 gigs in size. I tried slicing my disk into a 4 gig and
a 4.5 gig, and the 4.5 gig partition showed the same behaviour.

Now that I have two 4 gig slices and a 1/2 gig slice, all is well (and
bulk package building will start and not stop because of a filesystem
related kernel panic!)

Does anyone have a clue about what might have changed? NetBSD 1.5 used a 9
gig partition just fine, and I build many, many packages on it, and served
almost 400 gigs of web traffic a month for a while without problems.

Thanks,
John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs