Subject: Re: Largest drive sizes in MV/VS3100 machines?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/05/2002 22:47:59
>> There's a factor of 2^9 in there because the SCSI address counts
>> 512-byte blocks and the character pointer counts single bytes.

I think the address field is measured in blocks, which may or may not
be 512 bytes (though in practice they almost always are).

If the 2TB limit comes from 4Gx512, then larger blocks will of course
help with it (not that that's much help with NetBSD unless someone has
fixed the non-512-block-size issues by then), but there may for all I
know be something else that breaks at the 2TB point.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign