Subject: Re: Largest drive sizes in MV/VS3100 machines?
To: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
From: David Woyciesjes <dwoyciesjes@comcast.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/03/2002 09:58:36
> On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 Robertdkeys@aol.com wrote:
>
> > I was fooling around on a VS3100M38, using it to format some drives I
> > had laying around.  It could handle drives up to 2 gig, but could not
> > seem to do test 75 formats on anything larger than that (like 4 gig
> > drives).  What drive size hardware limitations are there in the 3100
> > class machines that one might need to be aware of?

	IIRC, the 3100s can't boot from a drive over 2GB, but once the OS takes
over, you can use the larger drives.
	When I loaded 1.5 on my VS3100 M38, I installed it on a 600MB drive,
then I formatted a 2GB drive in NetBSD, and pointed /usr in /etc/fstab
to the 2GB instead...

--
---Dave Woyciesjes
---ICQ# 905818