Subject: Expanding scsi A bus cable in MV/VS3100 class machines to 5 devices
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/02/2002 22:34:16
I have been thinking of maximizing one of my
3100 boxes to 5x2gig scsi drives, internally,
but am running into the problem of the internal
scsi A bus cable only has a max of 3 connectors
for scsi devices.  Was there ever a 5 connector
A bus cable?  If not, what is a practical way to
expand the cable to 5 connectors?

The only way I can see easily to do it is to cut
the cable, and, using 50 pin dip headers, patch
in a section of ribbon cable into the loop that
is sufficient to reach all 5 internal devices.

Anyone got any suggestions on the matter?

My goal is to maximize the A bus internally, and
maximize the B bus externally.  Why DEC did not
do that, originally, is perplexing....

Thanks

Bob