Subject: MV3100 vs VS3100 for NetBSD use.....
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/02/2002 22:28:44
Whilst digging thru the pile of dusty VAXentoyz,
I noticed that the stack of 6 inch thick 3100
boxes fell into two types....1)MV3100 and 2)VS3100
of which I have two each.  Afer checking them out
I saw that the VS3100's had 32mb ram each.  With
some head scratching as to future uses of these
critters (namely as test build boxes), I arrived
at a question of what is the pro and con of using
the MV3100 vs the VS3100 boxes in NetBSD?  Is
there any advantage to using the KA42 VS3100
machines over the KA41 MV3100 machines?  IFF, at
some time, graphics head use is practical, then
the VS3100's would seem to be the better boxes.
Any thoughts on the matter are appreciated.

Thanks

Bob