Subject: Re: Accessing ddb on NetBSD/vax?
To: None <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/01/2002 21:43:02
On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 ragge@ludd.luth.se wrote:

> > What is the key combination for dropping into the kernel debugger on
> > NetBSD/vax from a serial console and also from a graphics console (like
> > on the VAXstation 3100)?  Looking through the source, I see "<ESC> - D"
> > mentioned, but this doesn't seem to do anything.
>
> Correct; "<ESC> - D" only works on the MTPR console. Some way to detect
> it should be added to the DZ driver also.

I suppose this would work as long as it's restricted to the console
device.  People would have to be careful to not send binary data over
the console with ddb enabled in their kernels :-)  The man page for ddb
indicates that most of the other systems, when using a serial console,
drop into it when a BREAK is received.

> The workaround is to break, get to the >>> monitor and do:

> which will call ddb in the same way.

Thanks.  That will certainly do the trick for me.

-brian.