Subject: Re: Stumped by installboot
To: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/29/2002 01:39:57
On Thu 28 Nov 2002 at 14:45:37 +0200, Jarkko Teppo wrote:

> Johnny Billquist said:
> >
> > I suspect that /boot, or /usr/mdec/xxboot has broken the last few weeks.
> > Get an older version and try. (1.6 release perhaps).
>
> In a true scientific manner, I changed both /boot and xxboot to 1.6-versions
> and now everything works just fine. I'll try and see which one is to blame,
> /boot or xxboot and maybe file a PR (unless somebody beats me to it).

Aha, so my boot problem on simh-vax was not my own fault :-)
I suspect /boot is the problem, since xxboot is put at the beginning of
boot.fs (right?) and that was identical with an older boot.fs that I had
and worked.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@       -- Woe betide the one who feels
\X/ polderland.nl  -- remorse without sin - Tom Poes, "Het boze oog", 4444.