Subject: Re: Sigh, will DSSI disks *ever* work with NetBSD?
To: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
From: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/21/2002 21:51:20
On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 Robertdkeys@aol.com wrote:

> Well, what about a generic scsi-mscp controller rather than an
> ide-mscp thing?  Surely there ought to be some way to do that, and
> maybe run off a hundred boards or so, and let folks at it with the
> soldering pencils.

Creating any controller that can talk MSCP will be non-trivial.  It's
noble project, and would be useful for more people, but I'd give it very
low odds of happening.  I'd think doing a proprietary interface would be
far easier from the hardware standpoint of creating a new board. And
we've certainly the talent available for writing device drivers.

-brian.