Subject: Re: Sigh, will DSSI disks *ever* work with NetBSD?
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/21/2002 11:43:18
On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 02:21:22PM -0500, Lord Isildur wrote:
> the fact that parts of ultrix involve encumbered at&t sources makes
> this more difficult, as someone has to go through and identify all the
> parts of ultrix that they _cant_ release.. :(

so we ask for just device drivers... and doesn't the original at&t stuff
fall under the "obsolete unix" umbrella that SCO now holds?

identify the source files we want; identify the license holders of those
source files; contact them and get a new license issued.

what's the big deal?  (only a semi-rhetorical question.)

    "i'm convinced that the cray cabinet has an outlet for plugging in
    welding attachments."  --  Skeezics Boondoggle, on the cray CS6400