Subject: Re: NetBSD/vax QBUS IDE?!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/21/2002 12:06:48
On Thursday, November 21, 2002, at 10:15 AM, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
>> I saw a site the other day while netsurfing, I can't remember the URL
>> unfortunately.  Someone actually developed a homebrew QBUS IDE
>> controller.
>> It doesn't support DMA, only PIO though.  It might be slow and IDE
>> blows
>> as a standard but DSSI is dead and these RF30's I have won't last
>> forever.
>> Is there a driver in the works for this?  I'm sure I'm not the only
>> one on
>> the list to see it, I'm sure if you look on google you can find it.
>> I need
>> more drive space and BSD isn't as small as it used to be.  It took a
>> lot of
>> work to squeeze 1.5 on two RF30's hehe.
>
> A driver for this should be trivial -- Would just need a "wdc_qbus"
> front-end
> for the generic IDE controller driver that NetBSD has.
>
> The hardest part would be putting the board together :-)

   I've got accounts and a few PCB fab houses, and have been doing tons
electronic design and proto assembly lately.  If someone can find the
schematics, I'd be glad to do a board.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "So you're really not gonna bite on the
St. Petersburg, FL              transvestite bait?"    -Doc Shipley