Subject: Re: Sigh, will DSSI disks *ever* work with NetBSD?
To: Thomas Dzubin <dzubint@vcn.bc.ca>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@maja.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/20/2002 13:49:46
On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 04:27:02AM -0800, Thomas Dzubin wrote:

> Will DSSI ever work with NetBSD?
Not in the near future and possibly never. DSSI is a only different
physical interface for CI. I.e. it is the same as the big star coupler
coax cable based CI found on big VAXen, only with a "cheap" physical
interface. If we want support for DSSI disks, we have to implement a
complete CI framework. This is doable, but it will be a big task and
we would need documentation about CI and the accompanying protocols.
This stuff is made out of solid unobtainium. I had to learn this
when I tried st start with DSSI support...

> ...is this being actively worked on?
No. (Not that I know.)

> Should I take my RF72s out and sell 'em on eBay?
You should look for a KFQSA. ;-)
--

tschüß,
         Jochen