Subject: Re: VT420 with vt320-termcap / NetBSD 1.6
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Hilmar_B=F6hm?= <Hilmar.Boehm@hiro-consult.de>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/19/2002 14:12:00
On Sat 02 Nov 2002 at 18:14:19 +0100, Hilmar Böhm wrote:
> There seems to be a problem with the vt320 termcap definitions. No problems
> exist as long as I just do an "export TERM=vt320" (not using tset from
> above) w/o! setting the TERMCAP environment variable.

Perhaps the vt320 termcap entry is larger than 1k, which is the
traditional limit. If set to TERMCAP perhaps it is truncated, or
truncated when some bash tries to use it. The arrow key definitions
might get dropped that way. NetBSD has functions to use larger termcap
entries but not all programs know about them. I have seen some
mysterious failures because of this.