Subject: MicroVax 3300 System test woe
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Wrangell <pwrangell@bsdmercs.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/12/2002 16:24:33
Greetings world of NetBSD Vax!

I just picked up an old 3300 out of the junk pile for my winter project
and I had a hardware question. After I boot the beast I get the standard
message.

KA640-A V5.3, VMB 2.7
Performing normal system tests
41..40..<snip>..21..

Then it hangs at 21. On the HEX led on the box it self I get an "E"
code, which from what I gather means some type of memory problem(though
I haven't been able to find out specifics). I have two 16 meg cards in
the box which I have removed, cleaned, reseated, swapped, sprinkled with
chicken blood etc.  However, I am still having the above problem. Does
any one have any clues where to go from here?

Thanks,

Peter