Subject: Re: Anyone got a spare ram board for an MV3100 (slightchange)
To: Hugo Villeneuve <harpagon@jwales.EINTR.net>
From: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/07/2002 09:24:27
On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Hugo Villeneuve wrote:

> > KA41-D  V1.0
>
> And then you look into the VAX hardware reference guide on NetBSD
> web site:
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/Hardware/Machines/DEC/vax/
>
> If it can be trusted, you either have a:
>
> MicroVAX 3100 M10e with a BA42-A case (~ 4" high)
> or
> MicroVAX 3100 M20e with a BA42-B case (~ 6" high)
>
> At a wopping 3.5 VUPs which mean you should not spent to much money
> on upgrading it.

Still, it's a lovely machine and he shouldn't pass on upgrading it to
use more RAM--as long as he can acquire the memory board at a reasonable
price.  I'll check the part number on my MicroVAX 3100 when I open it up
to put more drives in it this weekend. Memory boards for these types of
systems can occasionally be found on eBay.

-brian.