Subject: Re: Autoboot?
To: Stanley Reynolds <stanley_reynolds@yahoo.com>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/02/2002 01:44:22
Hi,

> It took a while, the memory test on this one is slow.

Yes, and it took a while for me to bring the VAX to its new home and
finally get a laptop close enough... But I did, and this works.

> also set your boot device with :
> (XXX would be 100 for scsi address 1)

Thank you!

There is one interesting thing that I noticed, though. On a cold boot, it
booted automatically into NetBSD. However, when I did a shutdown -h, it
gave me the >>>, after which I powered down, then back up. On powerup, it
did not autoboot; I did a "show halt" and it gave me (some number of
0's)3.

Does NetBSD's shutdown command change the halt level?

Thanks,
John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs