Subject: Re: VaxStation 3520 on EBay
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/31/2002 23:21:07
> +AD4- if anyone does get it, i have extra CPUS, memory, ...
> +AD4- for it, available for the cost of postage..
>
> Out of semi-idle curiousity I wonder if that could
> make it a 3540 or is there more needed to do that?

nothing extra needs to be added, unless the existing PMI ribbon cable
only has two CPU heads on it, which is unlikely.

> Re: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem+ACY-item+AD0-2064787793

i found it at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2064787793

this is the product version of DEC SRC's "firefly" which was in turn a VAX
version of a xerox parc project that was meant to be an "alto" followon.
it has DSSI disks like other 3500 series boxes, and it's rather loud for
a workstation.  still, it had the nicest GPX-style bulkhead connector for
its Dragon of any product dec ever made.