Subject: Re: If you want a machine to make your uVAX II look fast...
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Wilson <wilson@dbit.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/31/2002 03:03:42
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>

>The DZ-11 interrupts for each character. Both in and out.
>You have a small SILO for input, but output... Yech! Interrupt galore.

And unless my memory is confused it's even uglier, you don't get to just
let rip with output whenever you feel like it, you have to set a bit asking
for that line to be included in the rotation and then wait for the scanner
to say it's ready.  But again it works, and it fits in just one slot (not
like the DJ11 it replaces), pretty cool at the time.  Also I remember being
disappointed that the partial modem control signals weren't enough to power
a Microsoft Mouse.  It had worked so nicely (well, except for mechanically)
on the modem port of my PDT-11/150...

John Wilson
D Bit