Subject: dhv11 flags?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/30/2002 17:06:29
Using a DHV11 under NetBSD 1.3.2, i am having the familiar problem of
a line hanging up when i disconnect it physically, i.e. when DTR gets
dropped. In older BSDs, the workaround for this was to add some flags in
the kernel config file, one bit for each line, to assume it was a hardwired
terminal and never disconnect. What's the equivalent for this in 1.3.2? I
know it's an old system.. it also, though, has the distinction of being
the NetBSD that works perfectly with CMD scsi adaptors, feels more
responsive and faster than later versions, and (this one is purely my
aesthetic preference) is straight a.out and no shared libs... (i'm also
still trying to figure out why it seems 1.3.2 on a 4000/600 is so difficult)

thanks in advance,
happy hacking,
isildur