Subject: Re: uhh. I still can't find a pinout
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Hugo Villeneuve <harpagon@jwales.EINTR.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/29/2002 09:46:27
On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 11:50:50PM -0500, Lord Isildur wrote:
> this is the pinout of the mmj. for 9 pins, you'll have to move dtr & dsr,
> otherwise it is the same.
>
> mmj                          Corresponding 25 pin RS-232 pins
> 1 DTR                                  20
> 2 TD (+)                                2
> 3 TD (-)                                7
> 4 RD (-)                                7
> 5 RD (+)                                3
> 6 DSR                                   6

I disagree.

6 should go to both pin 6 and 8.

If you don't wire DCD somehow, you enter a world of OS specific
trick to enable CLOCAL handling. Not all serial port driver have
cua devices. Not all applications can open in non-blocking mode
to enable clocal.

If you do your adaptors right the first time, you'll simplify your
life later.

IMHO

--
Hugo Villeneuve <hugo@EINTR.net>