Subject: Re: Just how many of the group are actively running NetBSD on
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Nigel Johnson <nw.johnson@ieee.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/25/2002 21:56:04
Quite right. But the DT2765 was a variation of the DT2762, which is what
DEC re-labelled as the ADV11C.  The ADV11C was even faster that the
AAV-11.  However, the flying capacitor isolation through a reed relay gave
high-voltage rejection at the expense of speed for instrumentation
applications. When I said it could measure millivolts against a common mode
voltage in the hundreds, I mean that it could read something like a
transducer with a high bias.  It doesn't measure the voltage common to both
terminals, just the millivolt difference between them.  If you want, you
can change the gain and measure higher voltages, but the speed is still low.

I would imagine that an adv11c driver would be pretty close to working
except that the front-end gains would have to be fudged.

Sorry to get an off-topic going to such details.

regards

Nigel Johnson