Subject: NetBsd 1.6 succesfully installed under SIMH 2.10-B2 + DELQa B5 EtherSim
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: SP <spedraja@ono.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/25/2002 16:56:58
Hello. This note is only to tell you that I've compiled succesfully the last
release
of SIMH (2-10.b2) with the DELQa simulator added. I used Mingw 2.0 and
WinPCap 3.0, all under Windows XP. The VAX simulator of SIMH comes
with the ROM of one MicroVAX 3500 (I', not sure). NetBsd 1.6 detects
the existence of one DELQa in the system with one MacAdress selected
in the startup of the simulator.

The NstBsd I've installed is complete, in one simulated RA92 hard disk.

I shall try to check during this weekend:

* Networking (TCP/IP, LAT, etc)
* X-Windows in server mode (if this could be possible; I do it under HP-UX)
* Startup of more than one SIMH-VAX at the same time
* Configuration of one MV2000 I have, even when it appears to have only 2 Mb
   and I don't know if NetBsd requires 4Mb at least (Right ?)

Any other suggestions are welcome.
Greetings

Sergio