Subject: Re: sun monitors on VAXen?
To: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/25/2002 00:30:49
rj45 is too wide, rj11 too narrow.. rj12 is what you need. you can use an
rj45 is you grind the sides of the connector down, but alignment is easy
to get messed up then.. i tried it once and spend an hour and a half with a
file making the connector line up the pins properly.. it still was a bit
flaky. later i got an rj12 and it worked the first time.
happy hacking,
isildur