Subject: Re: sun monitors on VAXen?
To: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/24/2002 22:48:56
it depends on a few things. most likely, though, the answer is no.
most suns ran the graphics at 1152x900, whereas the VLC does 1280x1024
at IIRC 66 or 72 Hz. if you find a sun monitor that does do 1280, then
you _might_ find one that does 72 hz, as i think the high end sun grafix
also was at that speed. this is all from dim memory though.. all the suns
i run run headless, and almost all the sun gear i ever ran with grafix
were doing 1152x900.
making a serial cable from an RJ12 is very easy, by the way.

isildur