Subject: Re: Just how many of the group are actively running NetBSD on their
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@maja.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/24/2002 17:42:40
On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Jochen Kunz wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 12:30:45AM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>
> > More or less 24/7 on a VAX-8650 here... :-)
> Ohh - my - holy - Daemon.
> Who pays the power to feed this monster?

Uppsala University. (Thank god!)

> Doesn't the 8600 eat several tenths kW?

About. It's on a 16A 3-phase 410V connection.

I've put some picture online of it. Look at:
http://krille.update.uu.se/~bqt/8650_1.jpg
(and 8650_2 and 8650_3 for more)

Krille is the 8650 itself, so you'll look at a picture of the machine
feeding you the picture. Although not exactly realtime (I took those
pictures last year).

If someone have cards for an 8600/8650 they don't use, I wouldn't mind
getting them. :-)
The machine currently have 52Meg of memory, and the FPA. So, except for
more memory, it would be spares, though.

> > it's mainly me who is using it regularly, though.
> A "personal" 8650. Tststs.

Yes. Personal workstation, you know...
It have six RA92, ethernet, a TU81, a Viking SCSI tape controller and a
DMF32.
I might throw a few more external devices on to the machine for
fun. Anyone have a cab kit for a TKU50 and an external TK50? I have a
TKU50 controller... :-) Hmmm, maybe hook that TK25 in as well...

> I always knew that the people up there in Scandinavia are not "normal". ;-)

What? After all these years, someone is on to us? Who told you?

> OK. I should not speak about "normal", as I own about a dozen
> (Micro)VAXen. - Besides several other DEC, Sun, IBM, HP, SGI, ...
> Unix machines.

Hum, dumdelidum :-)

	Johnny