Subject: Re: Just how many of the group are actively running NetBSD on
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Henry R. Bent <hbent@cs.oberlin.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/23/2002 19:58:51
> On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Gregg C Levine wrote:
>
> > Hello from Gregg C Levine
> > Time for the usual stupid question: Just how many of the group are actively
> > running NetBSD on their Vaxen? I'm asking this for two reasons, besides
> > Jason, I only know of one other, Lord Isildur, and a few others, but I'd
> > like to build a consensus of the actual people count here. Also, this
> > includes physically located members in  the NYC area. I have a few
> > questions, and I'd like a demo of the process, so, that's the other reason.
> > Including building a new kernel for a Vax, as opposed to for the i386 PC. If
> > you are interested, please e-mail me off list.
> > Gregg C Levine drwho8@worldnet.att.net
> > "Oh my!" The Second Doctor's nearly favorite phrase.

As a former "NYC area" resident I feel compelled to make my presence known :-)
If anyone cares, I lived in the Red Bank, NJ area for the first 17 years of my
life.  Unfortunately college drew me from the coast, but I'm still good for a
few VAXen running NetBSD.  I've got one 4000/90 running 1.5.2 - very stable and
very fast - and a 4000/200 that used to netboot 1.6 from the /90.  Unfortunately
I've been lax about seting up my /200 at my new house and other large hardware
like SGI Challenge servers have taken priority, so it's not actually up and
running right now.

And as an aside out of curiosity, are there any Obies on this list?

--
Henry Bent
hbent@cs.oberlin.edu