Subject: Re: MicroVAX 3100 MUX cable?
To: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
From: Hugo Villeneuve <harpagon@jwales.EINTR.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/21/2002 20:25:13
On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 03:31:15PM -0700, Brian Chase wrote:
> I've got an early MicroVAX 3100; one of the ones that just reads
> "MicroVAX 3100" across the front.  On the back of the system there are
> three MMJ serial ports identified as 1-3, there's an DB-25M port which
> I'd imagine is serial port 0 (the console), and beneath that is a

Console should be MMJ port beside DB25 male port.

> 36-pin Centronics style connector labelled 4-11 with the DEC serial
> port pictograph beneath it.  I'd gather this is for some sort of serial
> port cable "octopus."

Is this what you look for:?
http://vaxarchive.org/hw/cables.html#bc16c

For the MicroVAX 3100 m40, documentation mention BC16C cable +
H3104-00 harmonica for the 36pin centronix of the data leads only
8 port serial card.

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/vax/models.html#teammate2
Says it isn't supported. Altough, NetBSD vax documention is not
kept current very well.

I don't have one so I could be wrong.

--
Hugo Villeneuve <hugo@EINTR.net>