Subject: Re: SIMH and DELQA module
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Wilson <wilson@dbit.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/21/2002 12:36:08
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
>Do you know if it only was firmware changes for the -YM, or if there were
>hardware changes as well? I.e, would it be possible to change the firmware
>on any DELQA to get a "turbo" version?

I thought I'd read (presumably in the DELQA-YM fiche somewhere, since I
don't know how else I'd think I would know) that the difference is all
firmware.  Or even that maybe *all* DELQAs past a certain rev are -YMs.
But ...

From: Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com>
>iirc, the -YM board looked completely different.  fewer chips overall.

If this is true then I'm wrong.  Now I'm even *more* interested in getting
one in captivity!

John Wilson
D Bit