Subject: Re: Install 1.6 iso on a VS3100/38
To: David A. Woyciesjes <daw@yalepress3.unipress.yale.edu>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/19/2002 22:05:58
On Tue 15 Oct 2002 at 10:47:29 -0400, David A. Woyciesjes wrote:
> 	BTW, can sysinst install onto just one partition? Or does it have
> to have a separate /usr partition? I've never tried, but it would be
> handy for this kind of setup here. That way, the / part uses as much of
> the drive as it can...

That's an unusual setup... normally one makes / as small as possible
with /usr taking up the rest of the disk. Or even better, have separate
partitions for /, /tmp, /var and /home, with /home taking up as much as
possible.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@       -- Woe betide the one who feels
\X/ polderland.nl  -- remorse without sin - Tom Poes, "Het boze oog", 4444.