Subject: Making a group of RL02s available
From: Gregg C Levine <drwho8@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/19/2002 02:30:35
Hello from Gregg C Levine
I am assisting a company in making its Vax system, with a KA655 type
processor run NetBSD. It works very well. However, they have a quad
arrangement of RL02 type diskpacks, and they want to use them for storing
NetBSD based filesystems on them. I am going put down here, the way it
appeared in the dmesg output for the system:
rlc0 at uba0 csr 174400 vec 160 ipl 15
rl0 at rlc0 drive 0: RL02, drive ready
rl1 at rlc0 drive 1: RL02, drive ready
rl2 at rlc0 drive 2: RL02, drive ready
rl3 at rlc0 drive 3: RL02, drive ready
However, even after going over the man pages for newfs, and disklabel, I am
baffled. Exactly what steps are to be taken to actually do all of that? As I
understand things, the disks need to be labeled, and then the newfs program
creates the filesystem, then if need be fsck would then be run next. But its
how they are applied, is what gets me. Please understand that I've worked
with NetBSD/i386 several times, but NetBSD/vax confuses me.
Gregg C Levine drwho8@worldnet.att.net
"Oh my!" The Second Doctor's nearly favorite phrase.