Subject: Has a working Vax as a simulation but no xterm
From: Gregg C Levine <drwho8@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/17/2002 02:25:15
Hello from Gregg C Levine
Please disregard my previous post.
I have now succeeded in creating a working Vax simulation running NetBSD
1.6.0 on it. Since I have a Win32 Xserver, I decided to see if I could bring
an xterm window to it, via the same telnet console that I am using for
normal program commands. So far, it isn't working. The xterm program that I
am used to seeing on NetBSD/i386, isn't present inside the directory, and I
told the installer to install all but the x programming set. Also, any
suggestions as to configuring things so that the display variable is
appropriately set? And since networking will be available as soon as the zip
file containing the necessary code sources, as a "DELQA Ethernet emulator"
can be downloaded from his website, any suggestions for setting it up,
inside NetBSD?
Gregg C Levine drwho8@worldnet.att.net
"Oh my!" The Second Doctor's nearly favorite phrase.