Subject: NetBSD/vax and the simh simulations of a Vax
From: Gregg C Levine <drwho8@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/14/2002 17:44:56
Hello from Gregg C Levine
As many of you are aware of, the webpages at http://simh.trailing-edge.com/
contain notes on, and an active simulator for the Vax. And that's how I run
my release of NetBSD/vax, it is currently a 1.52 ISO. Anyway, the simulator
can be configured to support the telnet client that I use. Any suggestions
for informing the Vax instance of NetBSD about the ability to telnet into
it? I first found out about it, by going to the links page for that same
address, that is how the Vax simulator can run NetBSD/vax. My only complaint
is how the time of day settings are not properly set. That's one I'll
discuss with the actual maintainer of the programs.

The link I'm referring to resolves to
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/vax/emulator-howto.html
 and with minor changes, and adjustments, and advice from the fellow who
wrote the whole business, it just works as advertised. Please gents, take
your time reading this, and thinking about it, and going over the links, and
then get back to me, personal replies to me, are acceptable within limits.
However, I would like the discussion to stay onlist, since there must be
others who have gone down the same route, as I have.
Gregg C Levine drwho8@worldnet.att.net
"Oh my!" The Second Doctor's nearly favorite phrase.