Subject: Memory for Vaxstation 4000 VLC
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: John D. Peedle <john@peedle.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/14/2002 22:16:51
Gentlemen,

I have recently acquired a 4000 VLC (Thanks Matt!) but unfortunately it has
no memory. I believe from trawling Google that it uses 4MB 70ns ECC Parity
(4x36) 72 pin SIMM.

Now for the hard bit... Does anyone know anywhere in the UK where one could
buy some of these - as in 6? ( I have tried the usual suspects - Dabs,
Kingston, Crucial to no avail - too old I guess)

A little while ago the list was discussing current VAX holdings. My Centre
for Retired VAXen now has the following residents:

VAX 4000/300 - 2
BA440 Storage - 2
TK867 - 1
MicroVax 3100 m20 - 1
VAXStation 4000/60 - 2
VaxStation m38 - 1
VaxStation m76 - 1
VaxStation 400 VLC - 1

The following 'cousins' are also visiting:

DEC 2000 AXP
DEC 3000 300LX

In the absence of a NetBSD for these, I guess they might be spies or maybe
just jealous...

2 x ICL DRS 6000 (Fujitsu clones - non functional as I don't understand the
cabling requirements!)
1 x ICL DRS 6000 (the big beast awaiting a new PSU)

Rumour has it that a HP 9000/G40 might visit soon!

In hope

John