Subject: Re: Boot a 4000/100
To: Michael <lion@apocalypse.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@maja.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/14/2002 12:07:23
On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 09:16:49PM -0400, Michael wrote:

> The first question is does any NetBSD version run on a MV 4000/100?
NetBSD has some problems booting on this machine, but it will run.
(It runs on my MicroVAX 3100 m95 that is basicly the same machine
as the VAX 4000 105 without QBus and DSSI option.)

> The same things happens when trying to boot from ethernet as well --
> the machine just hangs.
Where does it hang? (Log from the PROM commands.)

> Any clue on what's going on and how to get the install going?
I would recomend to prepare a disk with the 3100 and put it in
the 4000/100. You may try the kernel and boot blocks from my machine:
http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/tmp/mv3100_kern_boot.tar.gz
--

tschüß,
         Jochen