Subject: Re: DEC QBus FDDI adapter DEFQA / M7534 docs
To: None <cctalk@classiccmp.org, port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/12/2002 20:54:45
On 11 Oct, Matt Thomas wrote:

> At 04:19 PM 10/11/2002, vance@neurotica.com wrote:
>>I wonder why the DEFZA isn't supported yet?
> Because no one has had enough interest to do it yet.
I have a DEFZA and interrest but no doc.

> The DEFZA requires a new driver.
I know that you are the author of the *BSD DEF[TPE]A driver.
It seams you know the DEFZA hardware closer too?
How hard would it be to write a NetBSD driver for the DEFZA?
(I am an experienced Unix user, medium C coder and have already done
some NetBSD kernel hacking. Namely a RX02 driver.)

> The DEFQA can reuse
> the existing PDQ framework for DEF[TPE]A.
That was my thought when I had a quick glance at the DEF[TPE]A driver
due to an other issue. (See my mail on port PPC at NetBSD...)
--

tschuess,
          Jochen

Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz