Subject: Re: Will NetBSD ever have a real working tape install?????
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Kees Stravers <kees.stravers@iae.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/12/2002 01:07:56
At 12:28 11-10-02 -0400, you wrote:
>Ultrix did tape installs this way, for example.
>it wouldnt take too much work. who has the time though?
>isildur
>
>On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Jochen Kunz wrote:
>
>> installation? I mean, It can't be that hard to make a GENERIC
>> kernel with an attached RAM disk containing this basic tools.

Am I the only one who remembers that NetBSD 1.4.3 had a working
tape install??
ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.4.3/vax/installation
has a bootable tape image that was made for installing on an empty
vax, and the manual is there too.
Is this not what you are talking about, or am I missing something?
Kees.