Subject: RE: Install 1.6 iso on a VS3100/38
To: 'Jochen Kunz' <jkunz@maja.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Lehle Wolf <wolf.lehle@siemens.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/11/2002 07:43:23
Hi Jochen,

I booted from the HD as you suggested; mounted the CDROM, but pax responded with strange
messages. Probably because the HD was readonly.
My first try:

pax -zrvpe -f /mnt/vax/binary/sets/games.tgz
 pax: could not exec: No such file or directory
 pax: End of volume 1 reached
 ATTENTION! pax archive volume change required.
 REady for archive volume: 1
 Input archive name or "." to quit pax

My second on (/mnt/vax/binary/sets/games.tgz was accessible):

pax -f /mnt/vax/binary/sets/games.tgz
 pax: Canot identify format. Searching ...
 pax: Cpio file name length 27521 is out of range
 pax: Invalid header, starrting vaild header search
 pax: Cpio file name length 43326 is out of range

No core dump happened that way, because it was probably not the
same situation. Do you have any additional idea(s) ?
By the way, at the weekend I will try the tip with 1GB from Lord Isildur,
which sounds very promising to me.

regards Wolf