Subject: Re: Version 1.6
To: None <adam.r.pigg@bnfl.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/10/2002 16:44:57
On Wed 09 Oct 2002 at 13:11:45 +0000, adam.r.pigg@bnfl.com wrote:
> Hi
>       After much head banging with netbsd 1.6 i decided to try 1.5.3 and
> all worked fine.  My problem is that version 1.6 wont see the harddisks in
> my vax.
> Spec:
>       VaxStation 3100/M38
>       16mb RAM
>       2xRZ23 Hard Disks (MFM/SCSI?) 104mb
>
> I think the problem is probably MFM support, am i right?  Will this be
> fixed in the near future?

I thought RZ* were SCSI disks. And I installed a 1.6 beta (2 I think)
on my VAXstation 3100/m38 without problems. It has some other brand of
2G SCSI disk in it.

> Cheers
> Adam Pigg

> The information contained in this email may be commercially sensitive
> and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the person(s) to
> whom it is addressed. If you are not a named recipient, you are on
> notice of its status. Please notify the sender immediately by reply
> e-mail and then delete this message from your system. You must not
> disclose it to any other person, copy or distribute it or use it for
> any purpose.

Such disclaimers are pretty useless when sending mail to mailing lists,
if they even have any meaning at all in general. In any case, since the
original mail was sent to <port-vax@netbsd.org> and none of the
subscribers are <port-vax@netbsd.org>, nobody would be allowed to read
your message.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@       -- Woe betide the one who feels
\X/ polderland.nl  -- remorse without sin - Tom Poes, "Het boze oog", 4444.