Subject: Install 1.6 iso on a VS3100/38
To: 'port-vax@netbsd.org' <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Lehle Wolf <wolf.lehle@siemens.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/10/2002 13:59:21
Hi,

yesterday I tried to install NetBSD 1.6 on my VS3100/38 (16 MB RAM, 2BG HD).
I downloaded the vax.iso (from Netbsd.org) and burned a CD. Booted from the CD
and the installation started. During the installation I used only the default
parameter to install from CD. Everything went fine (base.tgz, etc.tgz,
comp.tgz were unpacked). But suddenly

segmentation fault core dumped
command
pax -zrvpe -f /mnt//vax/binary/sets/games.tgz

First I thought that the download or the burning or my machine failed.
So I downloaded the ISO-Image from Korea and from Germany. Did a file compare, but
all downloaded files were identically. Nevertheless I burned the korean version.
Tried to install but the result was the same.

Afterwards I installed NetBSD 1.5.2 from an ISO-Image on my machine. But 1.5.2
gets installed pretty good.

Does anyone had a similar problem with his VS3100/38 ?

regards WJL