Subject: Re: Inst. NetBSD 1.6 (ISO) --> MV3100/96
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@maja.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/08/2002 15:25:36
On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 02:39:28PM +0200, Braamse, Joop wrote:

> There is one little problem; I never did any programming,
> I don't even know where to start.
No hands, no cookies. ;-)

> Are you willing to share your updated files with me?
In principle yes, in practice no. The disk where my source was stored,
was fscked beyond all repair by that VAX.
(fsck found _lots_ of errors, tried to repair them and finaly crashed
with a SIGILL. Every time. The only way to make the disk usable again
was newfs...)

I can put the kernel-, first- and second stage booter binaries
from my machine on the web. But then you will not be able to
configure a kernel for your needs.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen