Subject: Re: This system lacks kernel support for PPP (?)
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/02/2002 19:11:52
At 10:37 AM +0200 10/2/2002, Anders Magnusson wrote:

>It seems as either the dhu driver has problem with with 8 data bits or
>the other end have problem with it. I use 8-bit data on a dhu myself
>so even though I haven't tested this I'm quite sure it works. Have you
>checked that the other end send 8-bit data? Or is there something in
>the ppp config to tell pppd that it must set 8-bit chars on the line?
>I think the dhu hw default uses 7-bit chars.

     There have been no config changes on this ystem since version
1.5. I simply disconnected my BA-42 with 2 hard disks, connected my
spare hard disk, installed 1.6 on it (from CD), copied over the
config files and ran. Everything was fine except ppp.

     Best regards,
     M J Dowden

--
M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>