Subject: Re: This system lacks kernel support for PPP (?)
To: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/01/2002 12:03:11
On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, M J Dowden wrote:

> At 8:06 PM -0700 9/29/2002, Brian Chase wrote:
> >
> >You'll have to either recompile the kernel yourself or have someone
> >compile one for you.
>

>      Considering that PPP is something that a lot of people would
> want, is there any chance that netbsd.org might make up a corrected
> (generic) kernel and put in on the web site?

	A generic 1.6 kernel with ppp support is now at:
	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/vax/kernels/netbsd-1.6+ppp
	I've not had a chance to test it, so please make sure you backup
	your old kernel before installing.

	ppp has been enabled in GENERIC in current, a pullup request will
	be sent which hopefully will make 1.6.1.

--
		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --