Subject: Re: I give out for free a VAXStation 4000/90
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Henry R. Bent <hbent@cs.oberlin.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/19/2002 16:11:32
Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 12:02:56PM -0600, RJ45 wrote:
> >

> > Hello,
> > I got a 2 VAXStation 4000/90. I Give for free one of them.
> > it has a 4GB barracuda DEC SCSI disk and it is running now with NetBSD 1.5
> > THe person interested in it anyway have to pay the shipment cost.
> > I am located in Italy. Plus if the machine will be put on the network I
> > would be glad to have an account on hte machine ( of course not as root).
> > The machine has 32MB of RAM. It is working OK.
> > I give it out because I lack of space and I already have a DEC3000 a
> > DPW500 and a sun Ultra 60. No space left for an old VAXstation.....
>
> Hum, how big and heavy is it ?
> I could have a good home for it, I'm in Paris.
> Anyone has an idea how much it would cost to ship it ?

<picks up own 4000/90, stands on bathroom scale>

35 pounds?  Or about 16 kg.  Of course, I have two RZ26s in mine, so your
mileage may vary.  As for intra-EC shipping rates, I have no idea what prices
are like.  All I know is that shipping rates from the US to Canada is far more
expensive than it should be, and that's only one country away!

The VS4k90s are great machines.  I love mine, and I hope you're able to afford
shipping this one to you!

--
Henry Bent
hbent@cs.oberlin.edu