Subject: A few questions about the VAXstation 4000/96
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jonas Ohlsson <jonas@ktg.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/13/2002 02:11:09
Hello,
I have recently acquired a VAXstation 4000/96, and I am wondering a bit
about the status of NetBSD support for this particualr machine. I find the
FAQ and other sources of information somewhat ambiguous.
The model information document says that the 4000/90 system is supported,
but it also mentions support for the 4000/96 CPU. OpenBSD is supposedly
confirmed to work on this machine, but I prefer NetBSD. :)
I also find it somewhat hard to believe that OpenBSD supports a machine
that NetBSD doesn't. ;)
I have also read about a bug that will corrupt the firmware, disabling
auto-boot of the machine. Is this bug still present?
I will be most grateful for any answers :)

Best regards,
Jonas