Subject: Netbooting
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Braamse, Joop <Joop.Braamse@hp.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/04/2002 11:19:13
Hi,

I have several  Vaxes at home, running Netbsd 1.5.2. I netboot them from =
a linux box.
Now I want to netboot 1.6 from the linux box, no luck.
The problem seems to be caused by the linux mopdaemon; I suspect it =
can't handle the ELF format of the
mopboot file. I tested a number of versions of mopd; no luck with any of =
them.
I am not a programmer, so I don't know much about this format stuff.

If I am right, (please tell me if I am not) is there a version of mopd =
that does support ELF?
Will I be able to use 1.5.x as bootserver to boot 1.6?
Are there any tricks I should know?

For me, it would be nice to have an overview of what can be done and =
what cannot be done between the
two versions/formats.

Thanks

Joop Braamse
Mailto:joop.braamse@compaq.com
Web: www.compaq.nl

This is an e-mail message from Compaq Computer B.V. The information =
contained in this communication is intended solely for use by the =
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Use of this communication =
by others is prohibited. If the e-mail message was sent to you by =
mistake, please destroy it without reading, using, copying or disclosing =
its contents to any other person. We accept no liability for damage =
related to data and/or documents which are communicated by electronic =
mail.