Subject: VS3100: local monitor + keyboard
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/01/2002 00:57:20
Hi,

I've got a 3100/m30 for some time and always used only the serial
console (and telnet from the network).

Now I got an adapter for the VS3100 monitor connector and can connect
a monitor.

So I thought to spawn a getty on this monitor. I want to leave the
console set to the serial (printer) port, because to change this I
have to open the case and change a switch.

Uncommenting the line

ttyw0   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   sun on secure

in /etc/ttys gives me a nice login prompt on the monitor.

But the keyboard is dead.

I see the following lines in dmesg,

dz0 at vsbus0 csr 0x200a0000 vec 304 ipl 14 maskbit 6
dz0: 4 lines
lkkbd0 at dz0
wskbd0 at lkkbd0 (mux ignored)
lkms0 at dz0
wsmouse0 at lkms0 (mux ignored)

and

smg0 at vsbus0 csr 0x200f0000 vec 104 ipl 14 maskbit 3
wsdisplay0 at smg0 (kbdmux ignored)
wsdisplay0: screen 0-3 added (128x57, vt100 emulation)

but there aren't any ttyE* devices, and "wsconscfg -k" fails because
it cannot find /dev/ttyEcfg.
Also there aren't any /dev/wskbd* devices. The MAKEDEV for vax doesn't
make them.

So how can I access the keyboard (to see if the data transfer works)
and more imporant, how can I connect the kb with the monitor?

regards,
chris