Subject: Re: headless install on...?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Schaefer <rschaefe@gcfn.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/28/2002 14:06:00
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave McGuire" <mcguire@neurotica.com>
To: <port-vax@netbsd.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2002 12:24 PM

> On July 28, Lord Isildur wrote:
> > the offset-tab 6 conductor mmj connectors that DEC used, and not normal
> > center-tab MMJ connectros? wow !
> > digikey hasnt carried the offset-tab ones for several years, i think tim
> > shoppa had bought the last ones they had and offered some on the list a
> > couple years ago.. i didnt know anyone still sold them!
>
>   Try Graybar Electric.  That's where I bought mine, if memory serves.
> Any larger electrical contractor/electrician "jobber" supply house
> should have them.

Make sure you ask for the datacom guy/dept.  The counter guy at the supply
houses isn't likely to know a MMJ connector from a DECnet connector.

I already need to hit greybar to see about an IEC 320 power cord, I'll ask
about the MMJ connectors, and 6 conductor cable too.  I'd just fax an order
to 'em from work, but they have problems with my new bosses billing
practices (at least, I hope he's just practicing-- %diety% forbid it's gonna
be like this forever), now we're a cash account...  :/

>       -Dave

Bob